Mail & Shipping — Oaxaca City, Oaxaca
The Méxican postal service is slow, cheap, and mostly reliable. International airmail, depending on how and where it's sent, can take weeks or even a month or more to arrive. For domestic airmail expect one to two week delivery times. México City is the exception, expect international and domestic airmail to arrive in just under a week. There are many private mail and shipping companies operating in Oaxaca that will ship to almost anywhere in México and the world. Although much more expensive than the postal service, private companies can be counted on to deliver letters and packages quickly and on time. If speed is imperative, they're your best bet.
Visit the Mail & Shipping — México page for information on sending and receiving mail and packages, the Méxican Postal Service, and private mail and shipping companies.
- Northwest corner of Alameda de León; Around the Zócalo, Centro Histórico; Mon – Fri 8 am – 6 pm, Sat 9 am - 1 pm.
- García Vígil 504 local 1, half-block north of Allende; North of Independencia, Centro Histórico; Mon - Fri 9 am - 7 pm, Sat 10 am - 2 pm; phone 951-501-0925; fax 951-516-8196; www.pakmail.com.mx; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AREEM • Shipping • (D)
Artesanias Envios Empaques Mensajeria (AREEM) specializes in packing and shipping delicate art objects abroad. Over time, they've built up a solid list of clients, mainly US galleries, museums, and commercial importers. Since they're experts at packing anything fragile and use only reputable shippers such as UPS, Fedex, and DHL, they're probably the safest bet for shipping anything of value home.
- Independencia 500, half-block west of the Alameda de Leon; South of Independencia, Centro Histórico; phone 951-514-0337; fax 951-516-8353; www.areem.biz; email@example.com.
UPS Customer Center • Shipping • (Q)
UPS ships to most countries. Call toll-free 01-800-902-9200 nationwide in México or visit the website www.ups.com to locate customer service centers and authorized agents or to check shipping rates and delivery times.
- Plaza San José, Ave Niños Héroes de Chapultepec 801 Local 5; Colonia Reforma; phone 951-503-8784, 951-513-9275; fax 951-503-8804.
- Emilio Carranza, corner Sabino; Colonia Reforma; Mon - Fri 9 am - 7 pm, Sat 10 am - 2 pm; phone 951-513-5791; fax 951-518-5926; www.pakmail.com.mx; firstname.lastname@example.org.