Planetario Nundehui — Oaxaca City, Oaxaca
Planetarium • (B)
Located at the top of the Cerro del Fortín hill northwest of the city center, the planetarium runs shows Monday through Friday. The views from here are stunning. Take a taxi or hike there from the city center.
- Approximately 1.7 miles (2.7km) walk northwest of the Zócalo; Cerro del Fortín; Mon - Fri 8 am - 3 pm, closed Sat & Sun; Mex$22, child Mex$15; phone 951-514-5379.
- Beginning at the intersection of Indepedencia and Alcalá (across the street from the cathedral) walk up traffic-free Alcalá for about half a mile (0.8km) to Carranza.
- Turn left on Carranza and continue three blocks to Tinoco y Palacios.
- Turn right on Tinoco y Palacios and then almost immediately turn left on Boca del Monte. Continue one block to Crespo.
- Turn right on Crespo and continue about a block to the staircase on the left side of the Crespo.
- Continue up the staircase, through the tunnel, to the amphitheater.
- Veer right and continue to the road behind the amphitheater.
- Turn right at the road and continue for about half a mile (0.8km) to the planetarium. Here, the elevation is 5647' (1721m), about a 600' (183m) elevation rise from the Zócalo.