Templo y Convento de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe — Oaxaca City, Oaxaca
Colonial Church • (N)
A small, brick chapel was originally built on this site in 1644. Work on the present church and convent, both constructed of stone, began in 1650, the church completed in 1707, dedicated to the dark-skin Virgin of Guadalupe, one of the most revered religious figures in México, the convent taking several more years to finish. A side chapel was added a hundred years later, in 1807. The interior of the church has been restored and freshly painted, though little of its colonial character remains, renovations having stripped it of its original furnishings and ornamentation.
- Northside of El Llano park, between of Benito Juárez and Pino Suárez; North of Iglesia de Santo Domingo, Centro Histórico.